What exactly is Irritable Bowel Syndrome? It is a digestion disorder that affects many people, but especially women. Women with this condition have described their abdominal pain as crampy or even colicky. Along with IBS possibly comes an increased gas issue causing major discomfort. Constipation is usually the leader of this known problem but diarrhea can also be experienced with IBS. Women contract IBS through further medical complications or simply through their medical history.
Women are known to have Irritable Bowel Syndrome twice as much as men. Why is that? It is said that women just seem to feel the pain more than men, but the differences are still not certain. (womenshealth.org)
Women with Irritable Bowel Syndrome find ways to deal with this condition. Here are just some of the ways that relief can be experienced while having IBS:
- Eating fiber or taking fiber supplements is a plus. Many people who tend to have low fiber in their diets can be more susceptible to IBS. Considering more fruits and vegetables in an everyday diet is also helpful.
- Particular foods and drinks alone cause this problem. Every time something is consumed it’s a good idea to document your intake so that you can narrow down what is causing the discomfort.
- Milk and dairy products are great contributors to IBS. It’s probably best to cut back on your intake or avoid it altogether to improve the condition alone.
- We have all heard that drinking 8 glasses of water a day is beneficial to our health. There is absolute truth in this especially with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Water instantly can soften the stool, making it easier to deal with.
- Learn how to manage and over come any stress and possible anxieties in your life. These can also be major contributors to IBS.
- If the condition is just unbearable, you can get a prescription treatment from your doctor.
For more information on Irritable Bowel Syndrome, visit www.digestivesystem101.com
Blog sponsored by: Dr. Khazaei